Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Beginning of the Blog

I am an adventurous homebrewer who enjoys experimenting with what's in season. I do however have one great flaw as a brewer. Much to the dismay of my friends and myself I am likely the shottiest record keeper who has ever served up a cup of homemade beer, as most of my beer recordings are found on the back of an envelope. It's a ridiculous situation for one who brews as much and as successfully as I generally do. This blog is an attempt to force myself to keep better records, make more repeatable beers and have a little fun. In the next few weeks I hope to provide recipes and posts for most of the beers I currently have fermenting or bottled. I am excited about sharing my recent planting of two acres of wheat as well as a trip to the Great American Beer Fest in Denver last weekend where we ran into Charlie Papazian, saw some friends from high school and Eric pissed his pants, ruining his costume as a mid-30's suburban father of one. Eric is my brew buddy who lives just south of the Wyoming line, I brew a good share of my beer at his house. Just to be fair, he didn't literally pee himself but I couldn't help myself since he is the only one reading this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment